- Updated first pan section in level to give players a safer place to practice the swinging mechanic
- Polished intro animation
- Removed scene transitions between intro cutscenes
- Polished ending animation
- Added credits to ending animation
- Fixed checkpoint bugs in MacroHard mode
- Added a pause screen when pressing escape
- Added scream sound effect to eggs
- Updated title screen with more spatulas with MacroHard mode is selected
- Added a skip button to the intro animation
- Added falling leaves to the garden
- Egg can now get crushed by rolling pin
- Polished the material of ketchup/mustard
- Updated trailer
- Added hats to some surrounding eggs
- Players can now climb on pan racks in the first pan section of the level
- Optimized game by removing shadows on some objects
- Added colliders to fan
- Added a pull up sound effect
This week, we continued to focus on making our game more polished and professional. We decided not to give lives to the egg in this iteration as we didn't want to risk implementing a new mechanic into the game. Instead, we polished the intro, outro, and main level and attempted to optimize the game by removing shadows on objects that were insignificant. We added a pause screen that will allow players to resume, go back to the title screen or quit the game. We also fixed smaller bugs such as triggering the scene transition twice when transitioning to the ending scene. Although this is our last iteration for the class, we plan to continue working on the game throughout the summer.
Plans for the Future
We want to continue adding new mechanics and features to the game in the future. This includes:
- Adding objects in the scene that the egg can interact with
- Giving a fixed number of lives to the egg
- Adding more content to the level
- Improving the mechanics of the egg
- Increasing our publicity by posting on Twitter/Reddit etc.
These are screenshots from our previous builds!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.